- Support customers utilizing GCP and all associated services.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction. Handles customer escalations from lower level Cloud Engineers and support, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create playbooks, and provide mentoring on customer related issues to lower level Cloud Engineers and support.
- Focus is more on the development of tooling and processes rather than handling normal customer issues; focus primarily on automation/improvements.
- Provide Fanatical customer support from onboarding through growth at Rackspace.
- In addition to providing customer support, will be responsible for helping build tools and processes necessary for excellent customer outcomes.
- Focused on scaling support for managed Google and working closely with CRE team to develop solutions for customers.
- Automate infrastructure and develop tools and processes to improve the customer experience and reduce support toil.
- Own issues end-to-end working collaboratively with your team and peers.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase end user satisfaction.
- Deep dive into complex performance issues to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ownership of complex issues and development of solutions.
- Able to provide Fanatical support on escalations and customer support issues while tools and processes to automate, improve and increase customer satisfaction.
- Think outside of the box for new customer issues and figure out how to implement lasting solutions.
- Provide mentoring on customer related issues to level I/II cloud engineers to help upskill team talent.
- Proved focus on automation and implementation of improvements.
Language known: German Language mandatory
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on CGP or other Public Clouds.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Python, Go. Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker) to automate testing and deployment.
- Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment. Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications or systems architectures.
- Strong Linux skills. Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web servers such as: Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of MySQL/MariaDB. Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Varnish, Squid, Memcached, Redis and other similar technologies.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Hadoop, Hive, Spark and other parts of the Hadoop Ecosystem.
- A working understanding of Load balancers and Load balancing methodology. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field desired (or equivalent work experience) and previous experience.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect within 90 days of starting role.
- Proficiency in Python or Go. Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC) with Kubernetes exposure.
- One or more of the following certifications: Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect or Google Certified Professional Data Engineer prior to moving into role.
- Relevant technical certifications in Google Compute Platform, RedHat, MySQL, and other related technologies. Experience of working with Service Oriented or Microservices Architectures.
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.