- 150 km radius around Bratislava (Slovakia), incl. Brno (CZ), Vienna (Austria), Nitra (SK)
Summary objective of the job:
Would you like to build real-time streaming infrastructure to enable analytics teams to move quickly, forecast, and detect anomalies?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Design and implement parts of the data platform with Airflow plugins, IAM parts, self-service monitoring, testing framework, CI deployment, etc.
- Write code in Python.
- Identify weak spots, refactor code that needs it during development.
- Optimize code and usage of 3rd party services for speed and cost-effectiveness.
- Regularly update and clearly communicate with the team about your progress and struggles.
- Big Data engineering in the Cloud (ideally GCP)
- Airflow or alternatives
What Do We Expect:
- 3+ years of full-time, industry experience in software development
- Strong coding skills in Python (preferred)
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines (Relational, non-relational)
- Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, ElasticSearch
- Experience with orchestration tools (Airflow is the best fit)
- Experience with batch or real-time data processing
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, Azure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
- The Data Intelligence Tribe currently holds 5 teams with about 30 Data specialists… so there are lots of professionals to learn from.
- This will at least double it within the next 12 months… so you’ll have a chance to onboard new joiners.
- Teams are led by both Tech leads and Product managers… so you get the best from both worlds.
- Our colleagues collaborate extensively across team boundaries and tribes… which strengthens your seniority and professional growth.
Why To Join This Team?
- Transforming and enhancing the business by making use of Data
- It feels like a startup within a scaleup company!
- Fast paced & ambitious growing company… which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- Airflow, BigQuery, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban and even Scrumban in place.
- Work full remotely and will continue to do so with offering people very modern offices.
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
- Permanent & full time employment
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Quarterly bonuses
- Stock options
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
- Salary €3,750/monthly (up to €45.000/yearly)
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.