We are searching on behalf of our client, for a Data Scientist.
Our client is one of the world’s most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. The company provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, they uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
Summary objective of the job:
We are looking for a data scientist who get excited about how you to use the latest technologies to solve complex business problems. If you want to help shape the direction of a newly formed data science and analytics team as we explore a vast array of machine learning and predictive analytics tools and frameworks, so come join an excellent team to achieve our data science mission!
Duties & accountabilities:
- Create models using data mining, machine learning, and statistical algorithms in the latest data science tools such as Azure Machine Learning, Amazon SageMaker, Python, and R to answer complex business questions
- Create interactive BI visualizations using Power BI and Spotfire for dashboard analytics
- Write SQL code to optimize ETL processes which integrate data from multiple database sources
- Work with Big Data such as Hadoop, Spark, and Hive to process large volumes of data
- Participate in Data Governance design and development projects
- Embrace agile software development and live it every day
- Embrace high quality in everything you touch
Education and experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in hands-on data science tools and frameworks
- 1 to 3 years of experience writing SQL code and database design
- Strong statistical, applied mathematics or computer science background
- Eager to learn new concepts and technologies to resolve complex issues
- Proven track record implementing new technologies
- Teamwork, thriving in an agile environment working collaboratively and providing daily feedback to your team
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool tennis, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
- Parking place
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.