- Assists staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
- This position assists staff with technical support or desktop/laptop computers, applications, printers and related technologies.
- Involves managing team over 10 desk side agents
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
- Works with service desk and RDS as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients
- Responds to support requests from service desk, users and other infrastructure teams
- Performs upgrades as directed to ensure the longevity of equipment
- Keep track of request and make sure they are implemented as planned
- Participate in incident handling concerning desktop changes.
- Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
- Microsoft environment knowledge (desktop & server).
- Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
- Experience from the desktop environment.
- Ensures that computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Provide weekly reports
- Implement best practices
- Be the single point of contact with customer
- ITIL V3 certified
- Exposure on managing remote sites
- Phone support experience necessary.
- Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Windows and Novell Operating systems
- Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003/2007
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
- PDA and blackberry support
- Apple Ipad Device support
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills [B2 LEVEL]
- Should have a great customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- High level of acceptance
- Can drive companies value and its methodology
- Willing to work on rotating 24X7X365 shifts – No travel
Other Skills / Experience:
- Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support over the phone.
- Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
- Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where all information is shared.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via pager during the week.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Expertise
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Concern for Order and Quality
Years of Experience:
Total : 3-4 yrs of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma) Relevant : 2 – 3+ years of help desk/desk side, customer service, and support experience with problem solving involving hardware,
Certification requirements :
- Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS
- ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred
- Two year associates degree in related field
- Number of positions: 2, 150 Euro/day, 6 months contract.
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.