We are looking on behalf of our client for a DevOps Engineer-Kafka full time remote.
Our client is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. They harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help their clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, they have a dedicated workforce of overserving clients across six continents.
- Create and maintain the Kafka Infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform and Tencent
- Build and manage Kafka clusters and services by automating the tasks using Puppet and custom scripts
- Proactively monitor system health and performance using Datadog
- Ensure high-availability and scalability of the application; make sure the systems are recoverable in accordance with the SLAs
- Develop testing scenarios for new software installation/upgrades/migrations
- Implement OS patch management and security policies for the fleet
- Proactively catch and remediate problems, develop and implement solutions for improvement
- Share best practices and support development teams with Kafka consultancy for their particular use cases
- Create technical documentation, write operational procedures
- Provide operational support/incident management
- “Team player” attitude
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies
- Working knowledge on any cloud platform (GCP would be a plus)
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu or others) – OS, networking, process level
- Scripting experience (bash, Python)
- Automation and configuration management tools (Puppet).
- Basic understanding or knowledge about messaging pipelines. Apache Kafka would be a plus
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and code versioning (git)
- Opportunity to work in a young and dynamic environment
- Attractive benefits package
- Relocation package
- Lunch tickets
- Fitness deduction
- Transportation deducted
- Health insurance and dental scheme
- Opportunity to develop and learn constantly
- Access to internal training (job related and soft skills training)
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.