We are looking on behalf of our client for a DevOps Engineer Middle/Senior
Location: Bucharest, Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
Company mission: The company is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, the company has offices worldwide in Canada, UK – Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $1.9 billion. The Bucharest Office is one of IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias. We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
-Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView – Data Warehouse;
-Linux, Microsoft Windows – Active Directory, Exchange 2010, VM-Ware – System Admin;
-Avalanche, JMeter, Selenium – QA Automation and much more.
Summary objective of the job:
- The Devops Engineer role is responsible for administering a large and complex web server farm using infrastructure as code. This role is responsible for the management of both customer facing and backend infrastructure. Automation and scripting using bash, python and perl are key to being successful in this role.
- The Devops Engineer is expected to implement new automation tools and define standard operating procedures as well as apply their base of technical, operational and process or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Leading portions of projects or processes and bringing new knowledge into the organization are also major functions of the Systems Engineering role.
- We have both our own datacenter, but also some in a separate data center + Amazon Cloud
- Participate in on call rotation
- Administering client facing web servers, internal development servers, code release
- Redhat OS with KVM virtualization.
- Work with key tehnologies: Lynux, Unix, Shell, Perl & Python, Postfix, Jenkins.
- Work with Automation tehnologies: Pupet, Ansible, Playbook, AWS/Amazon Cloud, Jenkins, SVN, GIT.
- Writes scripts for intermediate automation (data manipulation)
- Writes scripts for basic automation (replacing straight manual steps)
- Writes new Ansible Playbooks
- Creates estimates for tasks
- Delivers code that is generally accepted by senior team-member
- Interprets and delivers upon technical specifications
- Creates effective documentation
- Recognizes the risk of changes and tailors actions accordingly
- If not worked directly with Linux, ok if worked with Redhat or CentOs.
- Experience scripting Amazon Web Services is preferred (python/bash)
- Experience with Mail protocols / Server configuration (SMTP, Postfix, Dovecot,
- Experience Load balancers (F5 and nginx)
- Experience with Apache and Nginx webservers (rewrite rules and access control)
- Experience with Jenkins
- Adept with Linux command line
- 3 years administering Linux web servers in a professional capacity
- 2 year automating tasks with scripting languages: UNIX shell, Perl and Python preferred
- 2 year using declarative configuration management solution (Ansible / Puppet / Chef)
- Flexible, organized, good work ethic – requires little supervision
- Willing to learn new things and apply that knowledge to achieve goals
- Pro-active, able to meet schedules and deadlines
- Communicates effectively with team members and more senior technology engineers
- Receptive to feedback, helps & offers solutions
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- S. Information Systems or related experience
- Attractive Compensation Package (medical subscription & insurance, office massage sessions)
- Flexible working hours, 1 day/week working from home
- A friendly working environment
- Development Training: personal and professional.
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.