- Our client is building the next generation cloud platform to power the production, post-production, distribution and monetization of video content, from the camera to the consumer eye.
- The media industry has been slow to embrace the cloud because of the heavy-
duty transcoding and logistic workflows involving terabyte-scale media files. Our client work with Hollywood studios and post production houses, as well as the major cloud providers AWS, Azure and IBM to develop an innovative groundbreaking solution that enables the transition to the cloud and disrupt the industry.
- Them technology achievements secured us Amazon Advanced Technology
Partner, Netflix Post Technology Alliance, Dolby Vision and Microsoft Manager Partner recognition.
- The micro services, massive parallel architectures, distributed systems, image processing, AI, media editing tools are food for your soul, this is the place to be.
- Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the cloud is what we do.
The Stack our client use:
- Cloud platform
- Frontend built with React and test automation
- APIs are built with GraphQL.
- Backend (micro)services built with Typescript and Node.js.
- Data sits in Postgres, Redis and Elasticsearch.
- SQS and SWF
- Docker containers over Kubernetes auto scalable clusters (100s of nodes per cluster).
- Terraform and Helm for infrastructure set up and tear down and replication.
- CircleCI for automated continuous integration process.
- Github, Jira and Confluence to track work and documentation.
Summary objective of the job:
- The VP Engineering will work together with the senior management board.
- Main activities will include building the strategy and provide executive leadership across R&D, managing projects from beginning to end and guide teams along the full product life cycle, from idea to production quality, large scale successful software.
- Manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising ans implementing action plans, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- Ability to explain TCO/ROI models, converse with business, technical and developer
- Application development lifecycle, discovering patterns and practices
- Have the ability to be hands on and deep into technology whilst also able to proof and shape strategic enhancements and product releases
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and to translate technology capabilities into business capabilities.
- Bachelors or higher degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Proficient in English: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of IT industry experience with computer science engineering and architecture background
- 3+ years of IT services industry leadership experience as Director/VP
- Solution architecture design and deep knowledge of CLOUD
Nice to have:
- Extensive and Proven experience working as a leader
- Work experience in an Agile environment – preferably Scrum
- Inclusion of quality attributes in solution designs (security, availability, resilience, performance, scalability, cost, usability)
- Experience growing an early stage fast growth business through to a scalable merger/IPO/Sale
- Extensive experience working in the field of Technology
- Exposure to particularly challenging problems and cutting edge technologies.
- Above market salary.
- Stock options package.
- Fun, dynamic environment.
- Flexible working hours and location.
- Private health insurance.
- Office @ AFI Palace Cotroceni.
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.