Our client’s Equipment Development Group in England is looking for a:
Embedded Firmware Engineer to join their software team as the company is looking to expand their product range and innovations.
This job pertains to the design, development, delivery into production and the maintenance of real time embedded firmware for the control of electro-mechanical systems for our client that designs and manufactures food & beverage consumer electronics equipment.
- AREA OF FOCUS: This role focuses on the design of real time control firmware for electro-mechanical control systems.
- SOLUTIONS PROVIDER: Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining embedded real time control system firmware and software designs for existing and new equipment.
- HARNESS EXTERNAL EXPERTISE: Identify and build relationships with technology and service suppliers to support current and future products or projects.
- DRIVER FOR QUALITY: Apply software testing, verification, and validation tools to ensure best possible quality for the software and the system it controls.
- WORK WITH CROSS DISCIPLINE PROJECT TEAMS: Consult and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team, translating needs into realizable goals, and clearly reporting progress to project managers and key stakeholders as needed.
- TOOL CHAIN MANAGEMENT: Deploy, and maintain appropriate tool chains for software development and software maintenance that enable agile project development.
- University degree in Computing/Software or related engineering subject.
- Broad experience designing embedded software control systems that integrate electrical / electronic and mechanical systems.
- Proven experience in reducing control theory into practice, with experience in the control of motors, actuators, mixed signals analog/digital devices, and thermal devices, including PID regulators and PWM control techniques. Experience with User Interface design is a plus
- Competent in Embedded Structured ANSI-C / C++. Experience of OOD C++ and C# an advantage.
- Competent in PC based embedded workbench applications including Visual Studio and IAR EW.
- Experience of interfacing to a wide and diverse range of devices using industry standard protocols SPI, SCI, IIC, 232, 485. Experience of designing for and managing digital and analogue signals. Knowledge of Renesas and Freescale processors is an advantage
- Experience in IAR Embedded Workbench and Microsoft Visual Studio. High levels of competence with electronics laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes and data loggers Experience of Source Code Control Systems and their deployment. Experience of CVS and Git is an advantage. Experience of Linux and Qt Embedded is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience working within multidiscipline teams within a product development environment. Experience of working along-side electronics development teams.
- Experience with software testing, verification and validation methods, as well as proper project documentation
- Degree in Computing/Software or related
- 5+ yrs exp in embedded real time micro-controller solutions
- Embedded Structured ANSI-C / C++
- Visual Studio and IAR EW
- EU citizen
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.