The Functional Consultant role resides within the Next Generation Workplace Services Practice (previously known as End User Computing), which is part of the larger Global Product & Technology Office and will be focusing on Product & Technology Evangelization, Service Transformation, Service Standardisation and driving Service Improvements of Next Generation Workplace services in HCL existing as well as new customers. Functional Consultant will also play a critical role by acting as a conduit between GPTO (Global Product & Technology Office) and Sales/Pre-Sales/Delivery/MSI (Migration & System Integration) teams.
Functional Consultant will have a portfolio of NGWP, where they are required to drive service evolution, transformation and developing automations by involving niche technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Classifiers/Processors, Cognitive Computing etc. also they are expected to work with service track leads and Service Delivery Manager’s from the delivery organizations and other groups like MSI teams (Migration & System Integration).
A well rounded exposure to Niche Products in Next Generation Workplace Services, Cognitive Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Pre-Sales & Architectures, Processes (ITIL/COBIT/HDI) and methodologies, experience of large scale service delivery, a high degree of cultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills are critical for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in and provide technical input into the strategy, design, and change elements of projects that will use Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing & Automations.
- Driving Proof of Concept, demo’s, business case and other initiatives for the aligned portfolio of NGWP accounts.
- Drive on-going enablement through training for Sales, Delivery & MSI (Migration & System Integration) teams.
- Working as an escalated support for the pre-sales team who are working on prospective/new NGWP opportunities.
- Creation & Implementation of transformation services roadmap which is aligned to customer short team & long term workplace and larger Infrastructure IT vision.
- Support cost optimization for the portfolio of existing customers of next generation workplace service delivery through automation & standardization of Service Delivery processes and workplace technology solutions.
- Cross-training of colleagues in use and opportunities of system management tools
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the wider Applications & Infrastructure teams to ensure effective cross team working
- Translate vendor specifications into appropriate system designs, incorporating knowledge of current and future business requirements.
- Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and Niche Products
Education and Experience
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure services management in various End user computing functions
- ITIL foundation certified
- Managed clients directly for distributed service delivery
- Managed virtual teams distributed across geographies
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated capabilities and self-motivated for Innovation & Improvements
- In depth technical skills on at least 2 areas – Cloud Workplace Solutions (Azure/AWS), Service desk, Active Directory, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility Management, , Field Support, Citrix/VDI & BYOD, Niche Product Knowledge in End User Computing space.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation skills are required.
- Excellent Customer handing skills are required.
- Proficient in at least one of the mentioned languages apart from English – (French/German/Italian)
- Organize and write supporting documents for products.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.