We are looking for a Data Center Network Technician to work at the European Patent Office (EPO) in Munich – On Site.
- Establishment and maintenance of physical and logical connectivity between infrastructure components, services, and devices within the Data Center and all areas of Office buildings as well as to/from external serving and depending services.
- Installation/decommissioning of infrastructure hardware elements and/or providing support to said installation/decommissioning.
- Physical and capacity planning including space, power (UPS), cooling, and physical cabling, ensuring compliance with DC design policies and conventions. Use of e.g. CAFM and DCPlanner.
- Asset management and identifying, cataloging, labeling, and tracking of infrastructure elements and devices inclusive of all networking equipment, cabling, power sources, cooling, etc.
- Escorting visitors in and around the DCs.
- Regular or on-demand checking of DC health by means of tooling, test devices (e.g. Fluke testers), and visual checks.
- Thorough knowledge of monitors, switches, routers, and other technical equipment
- Troubleshooting skills to solve network issues promptly
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills to provide solutions for any issues with operating systems
- Analysis, critical thinking, and multitasking
- Maintain the technical and security policy systems in the data center
- Detect and rectify the network faults to avoid the downtime
- Carry out the installations and documentation for passive networks (copper and glass)
- Analyse and provide problem resolution to ensure timely delivery of hosting requirement
- Ensure data center policies and procedures follow customer and service provider standards
- Utilize custom monitoring software and an internal ticketing system to provide customer support
- Provide inventory tracking and updating to maintain a valid count of materials and supplies
- Monitor and respond to environmental, security, and equipment monitoring systems along with hardware and network repair
- 3+ Years experience in maintaining Technical and security systems in a Datacenter
- 3+ Years experience in DC Health testing, preferably with (Fluke Testers)
- 3+ Years experience with network management (Fault finding and repair)
- 3+ Years experience in Monitors, Switches, routers, etc..
- 3+ Years with Ticketing software and Internal Customer Support
- 3+ Years with Physical and Capacity planning within a data center
- EU National
- English C1 Level
- German B2 Level
Nice to have:
- CCNA Data Center (Cisco) Certified
- Location: Munich – Onsite
- Daily rate: 405 EUR Gross/ Day – all-inclusive with NET30 payment
- Years of experience: 3+
- Contract Duration: 1 year with Extensions up to 3 years
- Type of Engagement: Freelancer or willing to start a freelance activity / B2B on a contract directly with us.
- Application Deadline: 17 – March – 2023
- Salary 405 / Day – Gross – All Inclusive
- CV type: Europass
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.