The European Border and Coast Guard Agency, also known as Frontex (from French: Frontières extérieures for “external borders”), is an agency of the European Union headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, exercising in coordination with the border and coast guards of member states the border control of the European Schengen Area, a task within the area of freedom, security and justice domain.
Frontex’s budget has increased from €143 million in 2015 to €543 million for 2021 and the staff of the agency is planned to reach 10,000 by 2027.
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to work on one of the confidential projects-EUIN122 at Frontex in Poland.
- Establishes processes for enterprise architecture developments and management
- Supports programs and projects in planning and controlling (especially regarding risk management), harmonizing, and change management and assures architectural compliance
- Consult and contributes to the development of the architectural capabilities of the organization and the architecture management initiatives
- Designs and communicates enterprise architecture
- Designs and maintains an architectural repository
- Design interoperability and interfaces between systems
- Elicits needs, analyses requirements
- Transfers business, users, and technical needs into architectures
- Maps business goals, project benefits, priorities, components, and system features
- Defines transition roadmaps for architectures
- Prepares system documentation and provides presentations
- Collects and interprets system metrics
- Provides Assistance to projects which implement the elements of enterprise architecture
- Assesses architecture maturity
- Analyses organisational structures
- Analyses information systems portfolio
- Analyses business processes
- Conducts IS costs/benefits analysis
- Minimum English Level: C1, must hold or be willing to take certification testing.
- Minimum IT relevant professional experience: 8 years
- TOGAF Certified
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certificate from IIBA or equivalent, or Holds OMG Certified UML Professional certificate at advance level or equivalent
- Holds ITILv4 certificate
- Has got at least 3 years hand on experience in Enterprise Architecture Framework implementation and business analysis
- Good knowledge of enterprise architecture
- Good knowledge of business processes analysis
- Knowledge of software maturity models
- Strong capacity in writing and presenting studies, business cases, visions, analytical models
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, excellent communicator.
- Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment
- Minimum English language skills: C1
Minimum IT relevant professional experience: 8 years
The Ideal Candidate:
- Holds master-level certificate in a software development technology domain or in architecting software solutions
- Has got at least 3 years hand on experience in architecting software systems
- Has performed the role of the key architect in the development of at least 2 software systems
- Presents excellent command of English, at least at C1 level – Expert in systems architecting in the domain of the Lot
- Expert in designing enterprise-level software systems
- Expert in planning capacity and security of the systems
- Holds excellent technical knowledge about databases, application servers, communication middleware, web servers, GIS services, directory services, systems security on Microsoft platforms, business intelligence concepts, systems integration, and Integrated Development Environments
- Expert in designing in UML
- Expert in software development methodologies, lifecycles, and artefacts like RUP, ISO12207 and agile methodologies
- Is proficient in using systems modeling tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect, Aris Architect or others
- Presents excellent communication skills
- Holds the ability to document effectively – Presents problem-solving skills
- Presents leadership skills
- Are you TOGAF Certified
- How many years of total IT Experience do you have
- Do you have expert experience in designing enterprise-level software systems
- Do you have at least 3 years hand on experience in architecting software systems
- Are you a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certificate from IIBA or equivalent, or Hold OMG Certified UML Professional certificate at advanced level or equivalent
- Do you Hold a ITILv4 certificate
- Are you Proficient in IT value streams design and management based on ITILv4
- Do you have the ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Do you have experience in Sparx Enterprise Architect software
- Are you an EU citizen
- Is your English level C1 or higher
- Do you hold an English Language Certificate.
Please note that all CVs need to be submitted in the attached format along with:
- Copy of all diplomas and degrees
- Valid EN language certificate
- 660eur/day – Gross
- Annual contract with 220 man days per year.
- 30 days payment terms on this contract.
- Possible contract extension 2x.
- Personal Security Clearance is required (security screening proc. must be initiated within the first 45 days of assignment).
- Level of security clearance: CONFIDENTIEL UE/EU CONFIDENTIAL.
- Deadline: January 2, 2023
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org