We’re looking for a PHP Full-stack web developer who speaks Ukrainian or Russian -AKD109 to join the team 100% remote.
Would you like to start working for an established US-based technology company? If you are a Ukrainian or Russian-speaking Fullstack PHP developer and would like to work 100% remotely long-term, we’ve got something special for you!
Our client has created a platform for university students to purchase or rent courseware.
Thanks to the platform, students don’t have to visit the “old-school” libraries anymore – they can buy online either new or used books, get digital ones, or rent just before an exam.
The platform facilitates the pre-selection of course materials by teachers, their delivery, and also their adoption… so students don’t have to hunt for materials at the last minute anymore.
Thanks to lots of integrations with publishers and schools, this company is the leader in online bookstore & marketplace services for educational institutions in the United States.
You will work with fellow software engineers in a cross-functional environment to implement a quality product that meets the business goals and are expected to be self-motivated, proactive, and a solution-oriented problem solver.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement integrations with 3rd parties (see below)
- Improve customer experience on the frontend application
- Work on new features to help students succeed at their studies (bring new solutions to the market)
Integrations on the backend include:
- Student information systems
- Learning information systems
- Payment integrations => gift cards, vouchers, …
- Dozens of integrations with vendors & publishers
- Ability to manage a cross-functional team of 3-7 IT specialists and coordinate with PM
- Experience with SQL and MySQL
- Strong Ukrainian or Russian language to communicate with developers daily
- Basic spoken English to engage with colleagues from the US
Nice To Have’s:
- Vue.js framework
- Familiar with API web service design
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Comfortable with Linux (connect to a server and analyze logs)
- Note: The team uses a framework similar to Symfony but custom and Vue.js on the Frontend but it’s not required.
- Can you write and optimize advanced SQL queries?
- Do you speak Ukrainian or Russian?
- Are you based in Central or Eastern Europe?
- Have you managed a team of software engineers before?
- Do you understand and apply SOLID, DRY, KISS principles and design patterns?
Work in an Agile / Scrum environment.
Great Company To Work For:
- Stable job in an American company (The company exists since the early 2000s and is constantly growing. Many of the team members work here for 5+ years).
- Good vacation policy
- Friendly and supportive team based in Europe
- A product manager who speaks with clients
- Tech lead manages 3-7 engineers
- Several SW engineers work in the company for over 5+ or even 10+ years!
- 5-6 Scrum teams (2 logistics, 1 interface, 1 integration, 2 more to come)
- PHP and Ruby
- AWS cloud (S3, SQS)
- MySQL (AuroraDB)
- Vagrant-based solution for containers
- 100% remote
- Long-term, full-time, permanent, unlimited assignments
- Freelance contract B2B (Permanent/Full-time/with unlimited duration)
- Regular monthly payments
- Relocation is not included/not supported
- Desired start date as soon as possible
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.