We are looking for an Application Architect to join the team 100% remotely and take a leading role in the design and development of large applications in the domain of border management and control.
The European Union Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (EU-LISA) is an agency of the European Union (EU) that was founded in 2011 to ensure the uninterrupted operation of large-scale IT systems within the area of freedom, security, and justice (AFSJ), that are instrumental in the implementation of the asylum, border management and migration policies of the EU.
- Designing and coordinating architecture implementation;
- Defining, assessing and coordinating architecture projects and designing architecture building blocks;
- Delivering high-level and low-level designs;
- Aligning and integrating multiple architectures, layers, and perspectives;
- Advising on architecture frameworks and methods;
- Defining and measuring architecture indicators (maturity, implementation, etc.);
- Ensuring Interoperability;
- Identifying potential reuse;
- Performing cost-benefit analyses;
- Designing and assessing Identity and Access Management and Master Data Management solutions;
- Performing Business Analysis and contributing to the Functional, Technical, Security and Testing Specifications;
- Ensuring that the architecture is maintained and adapted to changes and developments;
- Verifying that changes to the system are feasible within the architectural framework;
- Performing studies and proposing design solutions in relation to changes and new requirements. This includes also managing system integration and any modeling needed.
- Mastering Java (a background in development is a must)
- Proven experience with stream-processing software platforms is a must (e.g. Kafka)
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of large distributed systems
- EU citizenship (important for security check)
- Mastering Sparx Enterprise Architect tool;
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Mastering of UML;
- TOGAF Certified;
- ArchiMate Certified;
- Working experience with EU clients or other public institutions is an added value;
- Awareness of biometrics systems and text search engines is an added value.
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum C1);
- Preferable 2nd language: French or Dutch.
- EU Secret PSC is required for the function (the process will be initiated upon hiring)
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Project: https://www.eulisa.europa.eu/Activities/Large-Scale-It-Systems/EES
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.