We are looking for a Microsoft Database Administrator– EUN110 to join the team on-site in Warsaw, Poland.
The European Border and Coast Guard Agency, also known as Frontex (from French: Frontières extérieures for “external borders”), is an agency of the European Union headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, exercising in coordination with the border and coast guards of member states the border control of the European Schengen Area, a task within the area of freedom, security and justice domain.
Frontex’s budget has increased from €143 million to 2015 to €543 million for 2021 and the staff of the agency is planned to reach 10,000 by 2027.
- Administration and monitoring database management software – Providing 2nd line support to databases
- Update the technical documentation and operating procedures – Troubleshooting databases
- Deploying databases
- Extracting, transforming, and loading data
- Planning capacity and availability of databases, tuning and optimizing databases – Implementing changes according to ICT change management procedures
- Database monitoring and tuning
- Database incident management
- Other specific duties as assigned by Frontex ICT
- Proficient in the administration of MS SQL database systems deployed in distributed environments
- Proficient in scripting MS SQL databases, data transformation, and ETL tools
- Familiar with the following tools: SSIS, SSRS and Power BI, Reports Server
- Experienced in preparing procedural and technical documentation of data models used and all data handling routines.
- Experienced in preparing design documents in the area of expertise
- Has knowledge/experience in the area of Data Privacy in EU institutions
- Holds MCSA or MCSE certificate in data platforms or business intelligence or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional experience relevant to the job
- Experienced in the administration of complex MS SQL-based systems deployed in distributed environments
- Expert in optimizing, tuning, and planning the capacity of databases
- Experience in scripting MS SQL databases, data transformations, and ETL tools
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization mechanisms in distributed enterprise-level systems
- Hands-on experience in monitoring systems based on MS SCOM
- Hands-on experience in the management of Opens Source databases and data manipulation tools including PostgreSQL and its extensions – Experience in ticketing systems and ITIL-based change management, configuration management, and release management processes – Hands-on experience in administering virtual infrastructures
- Basic knowledge in administering Microsoft Systems
- A proactive attitude, teamwork spirit, be self-motivated with a strong user orientation
- Good communication skills
- Able to cope with the fast-changing technologies
- Location: On-site in Frontex premises in Poland.
- Deadline: 02/12/2022
- Rate: 370 EUR / day all-inclusive
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.