We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join an engineering team in this fast-growing scale-up.
Would you like to work at one of the leading TravelTech companies in Central Europe?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
They just closed €100,000,000.00 funding round and are poised to grow above and beyond!
You can now RELOCATE to one of the best countries for ex-pats: the living standard is high and living costs are much lower than in Western Europe! This is a great location if you’d like to travel around Europe as well.
What You Be Responsible For:
You support the identification of new data use cases and develop data science-based solutions and products that generate measurable business impact.
Identify, evaluate and help to prioritize data use cases in tight collaboration with internal stakeholders and engineering teams.
Build and run data-intensive products such as predictive models or forecasts in close cooperation with our data teams.
Participate in the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments and data analysis that shape our decision-making across the organization. Through exchange with other data people, business colleagues, and engineers you continuously build up know-how.
Present your research results and insights to all levels of the company.
- 4-5+ years of experience with data science or machine learning
- Experience with Python & SQL
- Fluent English
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have demonstrated experience applying data science methods such as machine learning as well as classical statistics to large real-world datasets.
- Before implementing a data use case, you help to create a plan and challenge assumptions.
- You adjust a plan quickly once it is outdated and come up with a new one. You are on top of your game and drive decisions.
- You prefer simple and pragmatic solutions that get you started on value creation. You are a good communicator and can explain the intuition behind your modeling approach to people with non-data backgrounds.
- You are fluent in Python and well familiar with its scientific stack such as NumPy, pandas, scikit learn, matplotlib just to mention a few. You can write maintainable, clean code that follows best practices in software engineering. You are used to working with cloud data platforms such as Airflow or BigQuery and you are skilled in SQL. You go end to end with your team.
- You build, run and own your data products, however, you are supported by a strong, cross-functional team that supports you.
- You are eager to learn and are a critical thinker and analytical problem solver. You are a team player. You love to collaborate with other data people
- Why Join?
- It feels like a startup within a scale-up company!
- Fast-paced & ambitious growing company… which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- No blame culture
- “All of us make mistakes and we try to ensure that we learn from that and do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Each major incident is addressed in the postmortem to improve the process.”
- Fail fast, learn fast
- “When delivering a new business feature, we implement the MVP version in the first place to prove the business case. Afterward, we aim for a proper technical solution. We try to avoid nitpicking.”
- “Our aim is to provide you with enough context so that you can act independently. Most of our workload is organized in Jira but you aren’t limited to strictly defined tasks. We encourage you to come up with your own solution to the problems and will support you in cross-team cooperation. We don’t like micromanagement.”
- No question is stupid
- “We promote a safe environment within the team to make sure you will feel comfortable to ask any questions or raise any concerns since day 1.”
- Help other teammates
- “As no one is a specialist for all directions, we believe that knowledge sharing is the key to the team’s success. We encourage you to ask questions and we support you to pass technical knowledge and domain knowledge on to more junior team members. We help each other if needed.”
- Releases & deployment process
- “We rely on fully automated CI/CD pipelines that allow us to release/rollback versions as often as we need – with a single click. We like canary releases.”
- Backend Stack:
- Python 3.6 – 3.9
- Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery
- Yarn workspaces (monorepo-like setup)
- GraphQL, Node.js
- PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLAlchemy
- GCP, AWS, K8s, Docker, Datadog, Gitlab (including GitLab pipelines)
- Frontend Stack:
- React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
- Cypress E2E testing and Jest with React Testing Library
- Work Methodology:
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban, and even Scrumban in place.
- Core backend languages are Python & Golang
- Code maintenance using GitLab and deployment using its CI/CD
- Deployments are running on Kubernetes (GKE)
- GCP products (Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, CloudSQL)
- NoSQL databases – Redis, ElasticSearch
- To ensure nothing goes wrong we monitor our service using Sentry & Datadog
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging, and keeps mental health in check.
- Employment Terms:
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Valuable Stock options
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
- Quarterly bonuses
- VIP Medical Care
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, Multisport card
- Relocation Support:
- Visa supported
- Relocation package 1.5x to 2.0x first months salary to cover initial expenses
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.