We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team on-site in Dubai. Relocation is supported.
Would you like to work on an innovative high-tech platform’s backend that is preparing for massive growth, which means it needs robust and distributed architecture to be made?
If you’ve ever tried to purchase a property, you were probably surprised how difficult the process is! Our client builds an innovative PropTech solution that simplifies the home or apartment purchasing process so that customers don’t have to deal with banks and bureaucracy.
Their team believes buying a new home should be easy and home buyers should have control of the whole home buying experience at the convenience of their sofa…. and that’s why they’ve started the high-tech company. They have raised money from investors and now have 160+ employees (30+ in engineering).
The online Portal matches a user with the best suitable mortgage in less than 30 seconds and issues an approval 3x faster than the traditional process!
Customers can through the Portal control everything from quality-checking the documents to choosing the best mortgage offer. Their experts who know the home buying industry inside-out are on stand-by and guide customers through every step of the process.
This will be a dream job if you’ve ever wanted to get a broader knowledge of distributed architecture and build it from the ground up. You’ll have a chance to work on robust & sustainable architecture that needs to recover fast and run independently with 99.99% uptime.
You will report to the Head of DevOps/SRE and work with them in making decisions for how to best implement the systems infrastructure.
Your Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Maintain, improve and scale production and testing/staging systems.
- Take care of both SysOps and DevOps.
- Design and implement tools to automate operational processes.
- Automate provisioning of all internal and external systems.
- Cultivate best practices within the engineering group.
- Implement backup for internal and external systems.
- Implement systems for better logging, error reporting and tracking on all environments.
Tools You Will Work With:
- IaC: Terraform
- Containers: Docker, Containers
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Observability: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, CloudWatch
- CI/CD: Jenkins, SonarQube, Spinnaker
- Configuration Management: Ansible
- Others: nginx ingress, helm, http, dns, git, smtp, spf, dkim, lvm, nfs, redis.
- 4-5+ years experience with large-scale infrastructure
- Experience building Infrastructure as Cloud (IaC) with Terraform
- Experience with Cloud (AWS or GCP or Azure)
- Experience with Containers (Docker & Kubernetes)
- See the “tools you’ll work with” section above.
Self-assessment Screening Questions:
- Do you have at least 4-5 years experience with DevOps or SRE?
- Have you used Terraform or a similar IaC tool?
- Have you used AWS or GCP to deploy containers? Or some other cloud?
- Have you been responsible for robust & sustainable architecture?
- Are you based in Dubai or would you like to relocate?
Great Team To Work With:
- You’ll be joining a well established team, with people from companies like Uber, Microsoft, SumUp, Revolut, Loft, Careem, Talabat and Dubizzle
- 160+ employees
- 30+ specialists in the IT/engineering department
- 7 squads work on the software product
- The team follows XP Agile methodology
Tech Stack Includes:
- BE: Python + Django
- FE: React.js + Next.js
- Mobile: React Native
- AWS + Kubernetes
- Visa support
- Relocation package to cover costs
- Employment in Dubai, UAE.
- There’s no income tax so the salary is NETT.
- Full-time, long-term engagement.
- Desired start date as soon as possible.
- Remote work from outside of Dubai is not desired.
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.