We’re looking for a Senior Network Specialist – CISCO Certified -EUIN152 to work for one of the EU institutions based on-site in Strasbourg, France.
- Architect, design, install and configure network solutions (e.g. switches, firewalls, routers, load balancers, SDN solutions, VPN, network protocols, network encryptors, etc);
- Implement network maintenance routines and schedules;
- Implement and operate orchestration/automation tooling to maintain and extend network solutions;
- Implement and operate network management, reporting, and monitoring tooling;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and solve network issues;
- Implement and operate network-related software providing shared services;
- Implement network backup, restore, performance tuning and analysis;
- Produce and maintain network technical documentation and operational procedures;
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures;
- Planning, installing, testing, and conducting surveys of wireless network installations;
- 8+ years of experience as a Network Specialist
- Network and/or wireless Certification which could include: Network Administrator (CCNA) and/or CCNA-Wireless (CCNA-W) and/or Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CNWA) or equivalent WLC and WAP
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers;
- Good technical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and network engineering;
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure hardware and software;
- English Level C1+
- EU National
Self-assessment Screening Questions:
- How many years of experience do you have as a network Specialist?
- Do you have any of the following certificates and if so which one: Network and/or wireless Certification which could include: CISCO Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and/or CCNA-Wireless (CCNA-W) and/or Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CNWA) or equivalent WLC and WAP. Which one? Expired or valid?
- Do you have the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers? Please provide examples from hands-on experience.
- Do you have advanced technical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching and network engineering? Please explain why?
- Did you implement and operate orchestration/automation tooling to maintain and extend network solutions? Please provide an example.
- Have you been troubleshooting Ethernet-based telecommunications networks?
- Have you set up secure layered tunneling, and VPNs (including client-based and site-to-site) before? Please give an example.
- Have you worked with a network SME with extensive detailed design expertise?
- Is your English Level C1+?
- Are you an EU national?
- What is your current location?
- Are you ok with NET30 payment on this contract?
- Location: Strasbourg – Onsite
- Daily rate: €550 Gross/ Day – all-inclusive with NET30 payment
- Years of experience: 10+
- Contract Duration: 2 years with extensions up to 3 years
- Type of Engagement: Freelancer or willing to start a freelance activity / B2B on a contract directly with us.
- Application Deadline: ASAP
- CV type: Standard
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org