We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join a “Pricing” team in this fast-growing scale-up.
You’ll work on new upsell / ancillaries features & revenues.
You can now RELOCATE to one of the best countries for ex-pats: the living standard is high and living costs are much lower than in Western Europe! This is a great location if you’d like to travel around Europe as well.
Would you like to work at one of the leading TravelTech companies in Central Europe?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
They just closed €100,000,000.00 funding round and are poised to grow above and beyond!
- Building strategy for the pricing product domain (OKRs) to support the overall company vision and strategy
- Partnering with pricing and revenue management teams to define the pricing strategy across B2C and B2B2C channels, optimizing toward different objectives (revenue, CLTV, competitiveness)
- Designing and building teams to efficiently achieve the company and domain objectives
- Owning the roadmaps of the domain as a whole and ensuring timely delivery
- Delivering complex cross-team features and initiatives leading to significant improvements in competitiveness and revenue
- Innovating in the way travel inventory such as base fares and ancillary products are priced
- Slingshotting pricing products from rule-based to AI-based approaches
- Designing the state-of-the-art B2C pricing system supporting optimization for CLTV and longer-term customer relationship
- Optimizing the B2B2C pricing strategies and products for real-time pricing in the competitive landscape
- Building comprehensive costs and revenue predictions models
- Designing and implementing innovative ways of pricing travel itineraries and ancillaries related to them
- Defining the domain objectives to empower product teams to find the best possible solution for a given problem
- Innovating based on analytics, market trends, customer research, and any other source of insights
- Being a player-coach for the team of product managers under your supervision, not being afraid of working hands-on on a given feature.
- Understanding the Budgeting process and the dynamics connected to your domain and is an active participant in the creation of the company-wide budget
- Being able to prepare a business case for every part of your domain and being able to create a strategic long-term roadmap
- Participating in the Company-wide OKRs process, Strategy definition, and being an active member of the group responsible for Objective definition in your area
- Establish a data-driven approach and Key Performance Indicators for your domain and key initiatives
- You have 3-4+ years in a Product Management role in the IT industry
- Your English is fluent – both written and spoken. You will work in an environment with people of 50+ nationalities.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You have people management experience
- You have strong product & business & technology acumen and entrepreneurship drive
- You have hands-on knowledge of data, statics, and statistical principles (analytical tools, AB testing, modeling, significance, pi-values, sample sizes, etc)
- You have 6+ years of experience in driving product development in agile environments
- You have a good understanding of microeconomics concepts such as supply/demand, scarcity, elasticity, costs/benefits, incentives
- You understand the basic techniques of Machine Learning.
- You have a strong technical background, talking the same language as the engineering
- You are able to identify product gaps and market opportunities.
- You are used to owning several lines or the whole P&L
- You are a strong advocate of your Product domains able to grab attention & traction from the whole organization and influence other teams
- You understand fully the architecture and tech components behind their product area and the broader architecture. You partner with Engineering Managers to make decisions on technical solutions.
- You are able to define the priority of backlog items based on data insights and user feedback and keep the backlog in order, as well as define and own the roadmap priorities.
- You know what an MVP means – and how to deliver it.
- You will be able to cooperate with remote teams.
- You have experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- You know how to draw conclusions from a diverse set of feedback.
- You are able to work towards the goals without day-to-day supervision.
- You have a passion for new technologies and digital products.
- Travel and Pricing domains experience is a plus
- It feels like a startup within a scale-up company!
- Fast-paced & ambitious growing company… which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- No blame culture
- “All of us make mistakes and we try to ensure that we learn from that and do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Each major incident is addressed in the postmortem to improve the process.”
- Fail fast, learn fast
- “When delivering a new business feature, we implement the MVP version in the first place to prove the business case. Afterward, we aim for a proper technical solution. We try to avoid nitpicking.”
- “Our aim is to provide you with enough context so that you can act independently. Most of our workload is organized in Jira but you aren’t limited to strictly defined tasks. We encourage you to come up with your own solution to the problems and will support you in cross-team cooperation. We don’t like micromanagement.”
- No question is stupid
- “We promote a safe environment within the team to make sure you will feel comfortable to ask any questions or raise any concerns since day 1.”
- Help other teammates
- “As no one is a specialist for all directions, we believe that knowledge sharing is the key to the team’s success. We encourage you to ask questions and we support you to pass technical knowledge and domain knowledge on to more junior team members. We help each other if needed.”
- Releases & deployment process
- “We rely on fully automated CI/CD pipelines that allow us to release/rollback versions as often as we need – with a single click. We like canary releases.”
- Python 3.6 – 3.9
- Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery
- Yarn workspaces (monorepo-like setup)
- GraphQL, Node.js
- PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLAlchemy
- GCP, AWS, K8s, Docker, Datadog, Gitlab (including GitLab pipelines)
- React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
- Cypress E2E testing and Jest with React Testing Library
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban, and even Scrumban in place.
- Core backend languages are Python & Golang
- Code maintenance using GitLab and deploy using its CI/CD
- Deployments are running on Kubernetes (GKE)
- GCP products (Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, CloudSQL)
- NoSQL databases – Redis, ElasticSearch
- To ensure nothing goes wrong we monitor our service using Sentry & Datadog
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging, and keeps mental health in check.
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Valuable Stock options
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
- Quarterly bonuses
- VIP Medical Care
- 20+5 days vacation/year
- Sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, Multisport card
- Visa supported
- Relocation package 1.5x to 2.0x first months salary to cover initial expenses
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.