We are looking for a Senior Python Backend Engineer to join the team in Barcelona, Spain.
Would you like to work at one of the leading TravelTech companies in Central Europe?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers. They just closed €100,000,000.00 funding round and are poised to grow above and beyond!
You can now RELOCATE to one of the nicest countries for expats: the living standard is high and living costs are much lower than in London or Germany or France! This is a great location if you like hot weather, too.
You Will Work On:
Over 400 IT professionals power this TravelTech software solution! After you join one of the agile teams, you will work on:
- Implementing backend functionality to personalize and improve user experience
- Payment acquiring – worldwide credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods (ApplePAY, Revolut, etc.), 3DS work
- Fraud detection, identifying different types of fraudulent behavior
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Strong Python or Golang knowledge
- Experience with micro-services
- L5A €5,500/mo, L5B €6,000/mo, L6A €7,000/mo, L6B €7,500/mo, L7A €8,500/mo, L7B €9,000/mo
- Use this salary calculator to determine your rate based on your skills and competencies: https://bit.ly/3yanfif
Why To Join?
- It feels like a startup within a scaleup company!
- Fast paced & ambitious growing company… which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- No blame culture
- “All of us make mistakes and we try to ensure that we learn from that and do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Each major incident is addressed in the postmortem to improve the process.”
- Fail fast, learn fast
- “When delivering a new business feature, we implement the MVP version in the first place to prove the business case. Afterward, we aim for a proper technical solution. We try to avoid nitpicking.”
- “Our aim is to provide you with enough context so that you can act independently. Most of our workload is organized in Jira but you aren’t limited to strictly defined tasks. We encourage you to come up with your own solution to the problems and will support you in cross-team cooperation. We don’t like micromanagement.”
- No question is stupid
- “We promote a safe environment within the team to make sure you will feel comfortable to ask any questions or raise any concerns since day 1.”
- Help other teammates
- “As no one is a specialist for all directions, we believe that knowledge sharing is the key to a team’s success. We encourage you to ask questions and we support you to pass technical knowledge and domain knowledge on to more junior team members. We help each other if needed.”
- Releases & deployment process
- “We rely on fully automated CI/CD pipelines that allow us to release/rollback versions as often as we need – with a single click. We like canary releases.”
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban, and even Scrumban in place.
- Core languages are Python & Golang
- Code maintenance using GitLab and deployment using its CI/CD
- Deployments are running on Kubernetes (GKE)
- GCP products (Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, CloudSQL)
- NoSQL databases – Redis, ElasticSearch
- To ensure nothing goes wrong we monitor our service using Sentry & Datadog
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, and a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
- Quarterly bonuses
- Stock options
- 20+5 days vacation/year
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card
- Visa supported in the Czech Republic
- 1.5x to 2.0x first month’s salary to cover relocation costs
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.