We are looking for a Senior Solution Architect with Java & .NET/Azure experience to work on one of the confidential projects.
The European Border and Coast Guard Agency, also known as Frontex (from French: Frontières extérieures for “external borders”), is an agency of the European Union headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, exercising in coordination with the border and coast guards of member states the border control of the European Schengen Area, a task within the area of freedom, security and justice domain.
Frontex’s budget has increased from €143 million for 2015 to €543 million for 2021 and the staff of the agency is planned to reach 10,000 by 2027.
- Sets standards in scope of design, development, quality and testing – Designs and communicates system architecture
- Design interoperability and interfaces with other systems
- Elicits needs, analyses requirements
- Transfers business, users and technical needs into architectures
- Maps business goals, project benefits, priorities, components, system features – Analyses available systems
- Identify options for potential solutions
- Maintains and tracks architecture in systems lifecycle
- Estimate and size software development works
- Contributes to systems design, testing, quality assurance, change management – Prepares system documentation and provides presentations
- Lead development teams and development processes
- Selects and evaluates technologies
- Collects and interprets system metrics
- Optimizes system from performance, security and quality points of view
- 8 years
- Participated in the role of Solutions Architect in a project aimed at the development or maintenance of an ICT Solution where Azure DevOps was used as the main development platform (so-called Azure-related project).
- Participated in the role of Solutions Architect in a project aimed at the development or maintenance of an ICT Solution where .NET was the main technology used to implement the solution.
- Participated in the role of Solutions Architect in a project aimed at the development or maintenance of an ICT Solution where JAVA was the main technology used to implement the solution.
- Participated in the role of Solutions Architect in a project aimed at the development or maintenance of an ICT Solution where Web Services were used as the main way of information exchange
- Has experience in the administration of Microsoft technologies-based applications.
- Has experience in the administration of CI/CD tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure DevOps)
- English C1 level or above
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Holds master-level certificate in a software development technology domain or in architecting software solutions
- Has got at least 3 years hand on experience in architecting software systems
- Has performed role of key architect in development of at least 2 software systems
- Presents excellent command of English, at least at C1 level – Expert in systems architecting in the domain of the Lot
- Expert in designing enterprise-level software systems
- Expert in planning capacity and security of the systems
- Holds excellent technical knowledge about: databases, application servers, communication middleware, web servers, GIS services, directory services, systems security on Microsoft platforms, business intelligence concepts, systems integration and Integrated Development Environments
- Expert in designing in UML
- Expert in software development methodologies, lifecycles and artefacts like RUP, ISO12207 and agile methodologies
- Is proficient in using systems modelling tools like Sparx Enterprise Architect, Aris Architect or others – Presents excellent communication skills
- Holds the ability to document effectively – Presents problem-solving skills
- Presents leadership skills
- Annual contract with 220 man-days per year
- Possible contract extension 2x
- Personal Security Clearance is required (security screening proc. must be initiated within first 45 days of assignment)
- Level of security clearance: CONFIDENTIEL UE/EU CONFIDENTIAL
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.