We are looking for a Service Manager to join the team in Strasbourg, France on-site.
The European Union Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (EU-LISA) is an agency of the European Union (EU) that was founded in 2011 to ensure the uninterrupted operation of large-scale IT systems within the area of freedom, security, and justice (AFSJ), that are instrumental in the implementation of the asylum, border management and migration policies of the EU.
- Report and present to the client project manager;
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables;
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan;
- Estimate time schedule, budget, and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project as per agreed terms of reference; Be proactive to resolve issues from a resource capacity and project deliverables viewpoint;
- Guide and support the team project activities, review their deliverables, and monitor and provide timely and accurate project progress reports to all stakeholders;
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings;
- Monitor costs, schedule, and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria;
- Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors;
- Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience;
- Follow-up and manage the daily activities of the project;
- Make sure that the staff is trained according to the applicable methodology and to the quality and contractual processes;
- Ensure that the security policies and ITSM or project processes, aligned with the Contracting Authority processes, are followed by its team.
- Minimum 10 – 12 years of experience in the defined area of expertise;
- Minimum 8 years of experience with a project management methodology (e.g. PM2, PRINCE2, PMP).
Skills & Competencies:
- Consultative project management in infrastructure-related areas; ability to build a vision for the future based on his knowledge of similar programs;
- Excellent knowledge of planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work, including building and configuration of infrastructure components in virtualized environments, business process management, enterprise architecture, and project management standards and methodologies, esp. agile / scrum software development methodologies;
- Usage of project management tools. Willingness to use the project management tool as specified by the Contracting Authority;
- The capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, understanding the needs, objectives, and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions;
- Excellent leadership qualities;
- Ability to chair meetings and give presentations.
- Relocation is possible & supported
- Visa is not supported (only EU citizens can apply)
- 5-year contract (annual renewals)
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.