- Our client is a multi-contributor validated, fully hosted service that provides independent post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms.
- The service differentiates itself through its extensive cross-asset dataset encompassing vanilla and exotic derivatives that is used to calibrate and validate its pricing models.
- Our client company employs established valuation methodologies and
quantitative techniques with industry standard models.
They have a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on building great technology, innovation and customer satisfaction.
- The firm recognizes technology as a key driver for its success and their teams thrive on building modern and high-quality technology to serve our customers.
Summary objective of the job:
- We are looking for a Java developer to work on new product in the risk management space in Portfolio Valuations.
- Portfolio Valuations is a fully hosted service that provides independent
post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms using established valuation methodologies, quantitative techniques and industry standard models.
- With offices in London, Bucharest, North America and Asia, our client team is a global one with a strong development culture and a passion for applying cutting edge technology to solve complex technical problems and continuously improve our development process.
- It’s an environment where everyone’s voice can be heard and everyone is encouraged to take initiative and make a difference.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Develop new software and enhance existing software to high-standards. Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability, scalability, performance and security.
- Work with business analysts and product specialists on maintenance and improvements to our platform. Provide technical support and guidance to these teams.
- Work with the global Portfolio Valuations development team on all aspects of the platform (infrastructure, architecture, all asset classes).
- Act as a senior developer, providing guidance and mentoring. Take responsibility for the design and delivery of individual projects.
Education and experience:
- Degree in computer science or numerate discipline, or equivalent background
- Professional experience working on Java platforms
- Strong Java skills and Spring knowledge
- Advanced SQL \ Oracle database skills
- Comfortable working with both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience designing and delivering full software applications
- Financial services or data feeds experience highly appreciated
- Experience providing architectural guidance and mentoring others
- The candidate should possess in-depth knowledge of a few of the following skills:
– Grid computation
– Apache Ignite
– Distributed applications
– Multithreading and performance
– Advanced Oracle \ SQL
– Apache CXF \ Web services
– Apache Tomcat
– JMS, Message Queues
– XML, JAXB, JSON serialization
What we offer:
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.