Key Function: To provide local hands on IT Support to users in EMEA.
Key Objectives :
- Overall administration and technical support of day-to-day onsite laptop/desktop service operations, either via face to face, telephone or via remote connection tools.
- Communicate effectively with end-users and team members on Incidents raised. Efficiently resolve user incidents/requests, maintaining personal Remedy call queue at all times, ensuring tickets are processed in accordance with HCL procedures in order to meet set SLA’s.
- Manage the complete life-cycle of laptop/desktop environment from procurement, on-going support to decommissioning.
- Support of laptop/desktop hardware (break fix), software (Microsoft technologies such as WDS and OS), CA
- Arcserve Backup, VMWARE, Symantec AV, managing peripherals, maintaining & administering all loan equipment.
- Hand on Knowledge of SCCM / SOE Imaging.
- Managing Compliance for all GIT services.
- Key part of the role is imaging of laptops, support standard build updates and conducting physical IT asset management and keeping the IT inventory up to date at all times.
- Working and liaising with Global Service Desk and GIT Domain team in India for incidents and other IT support requirements.
- Maintaining the IT store room, carrying out frequent stock checks and organisation of IT equipment.
- Provide telephony and video conference support within the office environment as well as daily changing of backup tapes and logging results.
- Create and update documentation on processes/systems relevant to the EMEA OSS team.
- Provide support to GIT and other technical teams for IT projects and out-of-hours work.
- Work as part of shift rota, covering between 08:00-16:30 or 09:30-18:00.
- Provide any other duties/tasks related to GEO IT Services which includes occasional visits to other EMEA offices.
- Solid experience in a busy local IT support environment with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience of supporting field-based users.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 / 10 , O365
- Experience of supporting Active Directory, Group Policy and File/Print management in a corporate environment would be advantageous.
- Good organisational skills for IT asset management and inventory maintenance.
- Excellent documentation skills for creating/updated processes and procedures.
- Understanding of an Incident management system (Remedy desirable).
- Must have excellent customer facing qualities with a flexible, can do attitude.
- Experience and knowledge of Laptop imaging, preferably WDS.
- Good knowledge of Networking & TCP/IP in a corporate environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and conscientiously.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP / MCTS) – would be advantageous.
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.