- 150 km radius around Bratislava (Slovakia), incl. Brno (CZ), Vienna (Austria), Nitra (SK)
Summary objective of the job:
Would you like to work with Big Data at one of the leading TravelTech companies in Central Europe and lead a team full of skilled engineers?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
We are looking for a Platform Data Products Lead to join the team in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Lead the team full of skilled engineers, do regular 1-on-1s, prepare individual development plan.
- Identify the needs for new hires, actively participate in hiring plan and design the strategy for data products.
- Set the vision and focus that all will follow.
- Be a technical role model for the whole team, lead with example, bring new technologies that ease up their work and automatize what we can.
- Implement (if you need/want) core algorithms and examples for best practices.
- Evangelize data to the whole company – its purpose, technology used, its advantages.
- Regularly update and clearly communicate on the team achievements and main projects progress.
- Communicate with internal customers, provide them reasonable estimates and find out about their problems.
- Data engineering
- Team leadership
What Do We Expect:
- 4+ years of full-time, industry experience in software development
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines (relational, non-relational)
- Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, ElasticSearch
- Experience with orchestration tools (Airflow ideally)
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Experience with leading a team of 5+ people
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, Azure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
What we offer:
- The Data Intelligence Tribe currently holds 5 teams with about 30 Data specialists, so there are lots of professionals to learn from.
- This will at least double it within the next 12 months and you’ll have a chance to onboard new joiners.
- Teams are led by both Tech leads and Product managers., so you get the best from both worlds.
- Our colleagues collaborate extensively across team boundaries and tribes, which strengthens your seniority and professional growth.
Why To Join This Team?
- Transforming and enhancing the business by making use of Data
- It feels like a startup within a scaleup company!
- Fast paced & ambitious growing company, which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- Airflow, BigQuery, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban and even Scrumban in place.
- Work full remotely and will continue to do so with offering people very modern offices.
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
- Permanent & full time employment
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Quarterly bonuses
- Stock options
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.