We are looking on behalf of our partner, for an experienced Python Developer to join a project for 3 months for a rate of 40 E/hour.
- Improving the PDF content ingestion capabilities
- Automating input validation processes on PDF
- Extracting all text in a structured way (hierarchy of titles, paragraphs, …), retaining formatting (ideally transform to a structured format such as XML or JSON)
- Extracting pictures from PDF Extracting tables (to be converted to a spreadsheet representation) For each extracted item (a title, paragraph, table, …), have an unambiguous identifier so that different versions of the document can be easily compared
- Reading and parsing regulatory PDF documents, convert them into structured json data (splitting out Sections, Titles, Articles, Paragraphs, …).
- Regulatory texts need splitting to paragraph level, and tagging in a structured way, so that each piece of paragraph can be uniquely identified
- The engineer will create a systematic route to parsing structured content from PDFs, building a Table of Contents from it and allowing users to annotate, integrate and diff granular sections of PDFs.
- They will be using their Python skills to build an orchestration layer in order to help us automate our ingestion processes and automating input validation.
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Experience in working with at least one back-end technology: Python 3 (mainly), PHP, Java, C#, C
- Experience in working with MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of MySQL/ Oracle
- Experience in developing web applications with high traffic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Equally skilled at working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field desired
- Flexible, communicative, team player
- Thrives on learning and learns quickly
- Dedicated to self-improvement and professional development
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Curious and adept at researching project-related issues and challenges
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new technologies in a rapid, demanding, and changing environment
- Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all job levels, both written and verbal
- Committed to continual improvement
- Attractive compensation package for 40 E/hour
- Flexible working hours, remote
- A friendly working environment
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.