Summary of the role:
- The Engineering & Application Team is the IT Engine that delivers compelling and robust capabilities, products, and solutions to client’s business and IT by focusing on cost savings, business growth, as well as connecting with partners and customers. As a part of this team, the functional engineer leads and delivers the analysis, design, configuration, customization, testing, deployment and support for applications for the Supply Planning & Forecasting space.
- Performs leading-edge work and develops innovative approaches/solutions. This role is viewed as an expert in complex application environments, encompassing both business process understanding and technical expertise.
- Recognized subject matter expert. Delivers functional leadership and can mentor others in the organization. May provide work direction / general guidance to other team members as a functional leader
- The role collaborates with Business Planning Stakeholders and Product Owners, Business Partners, Functional/Solution Engineers, Project Managers, and Enterprise Architects.
- The role actively oversees core areas of Planning and Forecasting: APO Demand Planning (DP), Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), APO Supply Network Planning (SNP).
- Functional leader of medium to large projects for a specific business capability. Accountabilities across multiple functional and technical areas with wide range of complexity.
- Proactive analysis of business processes to address business needs, identifying opportunities, aligning decisions from stakeholders, that end up in business value added initiatives.
- Drives the evaluation of the factors which must be addressed in any process change or improvement.
- Maintains in-depth understanding of the planning business processes for their capability area applied to APO System and set of subsystems.
- Influences policy formation; contributes to User Groups; significant contribution to strategic direction.
- Leads Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives; consults and shares knowledge across org; full awareness of industry and technology trends that can bring client a competitive advantage.
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 5- 7 years of solid, proven experience in SAP SCM APO space with strong focus in DP (Demand/Forecasting) and S&OP (Sales and Operations) processes and tools, as senior consultant and/or functional analys
- SNP Supply Network Planning Optimizer modes and uses
- SAP IBP & S4/HANA knowledge, understanding and exposure is a plus
- R/3 Production Planning PP, CIF (Core Interface) experience and understanding is a plus
- Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges
- Provide thought leadership while keeping up with industry trends and disseminating information across the organization
- Experience working with blended teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants with both onshore and offshore resources
- Strong Technical leadership of Application Development teams and vendors
- Extensive experience collaborating with business stakeholders and IT to identify, design, and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions
- Cultivates networking opportunities within the organization
- Broad range of business and IT experiences; Has achieved technical and/or business certification(s) is a plus.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines
Working conditions: Travel may include approximately 10% of work time.
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.