- 150 km radius around Bratislava (Slovakia), incl. Brno (CZ), Vienna (Austria), Nitra (SK)
Summary objective of the job:
Would you like to work with Big Data at one of the leading TravelTech companies in Central Europe and lead a team full of skilled engineers?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Data Platform team in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- You will define the self service data platform product vision and mission, aligned to the business goals and growth.
- You will continuously explore data platform adaptation use cases and prioritize them.
- Through driving the adaptation you will learn about new features and requirements, refine and prioritize them according to their business case, strategic business objectives and dependencies.
- You will measure and evaluate the success of the data platform, the daily product performance and make sure your product is healthy and meets its service level objectives short and long term.
- You will manage a multitude of internal customers and stakeholders, ranging from engineers to product managers as well as their leadership.
- You will generate new platform ideas with your team and give guidance on where we need to get to with our data platform
- Product Management in IT/Tech or Travel industry
- Data engineering and management experience
- Lean and agile mindset
What Do We Expect:
- For several years, you have demonstrated product management skills.
- You have a good, broad understanding of the data landscape, ranging from data engineering, to data science and business analytics. You do understand modern big data architectures and can drive technical decisions from a user’s perspective.
- You are familiar with data management and processing challenges related to modern, big data environments – services and features like data lakes, cloud data warehouses, data lineage, data quality frameworks, data catalogues etc. do not scare you.
- You own your team’s mission and backlog. You are accountable for the return on investment in your team.
- You proactively drive the identification of data platform use cases, refine and prioritize them before you jump to the implementation.
- Before implementing a data platform use case, you create a plan and challenge assumptions.
- You are highly analytical and numbers driven. You drive the adaptation of our data platform through well designed experiments that demonstrate their value proposition.
- You adjust a plan quickly once it is outdated and come up with a new one. You are on top of your game and drive decisions. You are used to working in small increments.
- You apply a lean approach when giving your team directions, you are an advocate of quick value generation and fast feedback cycles.
- It would be great if you have some SQL experience so you can do some data analysis in an autonomous way
- The Data Intelligence Tribe currently holds 5 teams with about 30 Data specialists and there are lots of professionals to learn from.
- This will at least double it within the next 12 months and you’ll have a chance to onboard new joiners.
- Teams are led by both Tech leads and Product managers and you get the best from both worlds.
- Our colleagues collaborate extensively across team boundaries and tribes, which strengthens your seniority and professional growth.
Why To Join This Team?
- Transforming and enhancing the business by making use of Data
- It feels like a startup within a scaleup company!
- Fast paced & ambitious growing company, which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- Airflow, BigQuery, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban and even Scrumban in place.
- Work full remotely and will continue to do so with offering people very modern offices.
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
- Permanent & full time employment
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Quarterly bonuses
- Stock options
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.