Our client is an international industrial holding specialized in aerospace. The company specializes in the development and production of precision gears, transmissions and actuators for the aerospace industry.
Their mission is to stay market leader by working only with products of the highest quality and by maintaining long term relations with the partners and by showing genuine commitment to the projects of the customers. To reinforce the local team in Romania, they are currently looking for a:“Supply Chain Manager”
Summary of the job:
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing:
– Planning team, guaranteeing the accurate execution of a complex MPS (master planning scheduling) and detailed planning within the agreed service levels, inventory and costs, in order to deliver the expected customer service level at best possible cost;
– Purchasing them, guaranteeing on-time delivery of raw materials and procured parts, and conducting negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors related to pricing, volumes, new equipment purchases.
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-4 years experience in (Master) Planning in production environment.
- Advanced Excel-skills and in depth knowledge of ERP- & MRP-systems.
- Planning in a process manufacturing environment of 100-1000 items simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to manage different problems.
- Capacity to manage, plan and organize complex activities.
- Notions of purchasing & logistics and willing to learn in this field.
- Excellent soft skills and communication skills.
- People management skills.
- Support the developing and implementation of core planning and purchasing processes, plans business routines by focusing on internal or external customer needs, considering the technical capabilities, available resources, and capabilities of suppliers.
- Develop the documentation and standard operating procedures for planning and purchasing processes and systems and ensures that these are being followed in the plant.
- Master Planning
- Deploy and manage the site Master-plan.
- Define work orders that need priority and align with the internal stakeholders.
- Ensure together with Engineering the master data is correct and coordinates with Manufacturing to update run times, cycle times, set-up times.
- Analyze the sales forecast to determine short- and long term requirements for production resources (people, materials, equipment, subcontracting).
- Offer support in negotiations with suppliers and/or customers, related only to planning related topics and process audits.
- Develop and oversee implementation of preventive and corrective action plans as necessary.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings to improve and adopt planning best practice forecasting techniques, methods and approaches.
- Manage with the site planning team the external and internal interactions with the ultimate goal to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Guarantee an optimal link between the MPS and the items to be procured for executing the MPS
- Follow-up the timely delivery of procured items.
- Develop recovery plans with suppliers in case of late deliveries.
- Escalate supplier problems in the organization and with division and develop contingency plans.
- Evaluate and develop suppliers in order to reach the required goals on delivery and cost.
- S&OP (Sales and operations planning)-coordination
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly site S&OP inputs in order to use the available capacity at maximum efficiency in order to support the customer demand, in accordance with the MPS which is created at divisional level.
- Deploy the monthly S&OP results with all involved parties.
- Monthly review the customer demand changes.
- Capacity Requirement Planning analysis for mid-and long term.
- Chair weekly planning meeting with the planning team, purchasing and operations.
- Weekly review the MPS and launch and closely manage action plan with operations and the other departments to solve internal capacity bottlenecks.
- Balance inventory and production capacity.
- Coach and follow-up the team to guarantee consistent tracking and execution of the MPS.
- Ensure introduction and training for new employees.
- Keep the team motivated.
- Agree and set up objectives for team members.
The client offers:
- Market rate salary and benefits.
- A key position in a fast-growing company where you will have a real impact on the business.
- Being part of an ambitious and dynamic team.
- Interesting growth and personal development opportunities.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.