Our client is the pioneer in the B2B development and provider of games and services for the online casino industry, employing more than 15,000 people across 20+ locations.
They offer a turn-key solution for operators which allows their players to move flawlessly between mobile, tablet, and desktop to play slots or live casinos, which features real tables with real dealers in real-time.
- Passion for our profession, in particular Scala and Functional Programming, and improving yourself technically
- Experience building high-performance clustered systems, modular FP-based architecture, as well as actor systems, where they are necessary;
- Experience in Cats / Scalaz, Cats Effect, ZIO, Monix, Akka Actors, Persistence, Cluster & HTTP, http4s, Tagless Final, and/or Scala.js.
- Experience with Event Sourcing & CQRS;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Proven experience in delivering production software using Scala or comparable experiences, such as extensive JVM or Haskell experience
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
A passionate Scala Engineer, who will thrive in well-designed, scalable, systems which use modern functional programming-based design approaches. They believe that the functional programming approach in Scala results in systems that are easier to build and maintain – they use modern, pragmatic approaches such as Tagless Final and libraries such as Cats and Cats Effect to achieve this.
- Proactive, pragmatic, and professional, deliver results;
- Write code that makes the games and related functionality run;
- Write unit and other automated tests;
- Work and communicate efficiently with the rest of the development team, including PO, front-end developers, and designers;
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality;
- Own your applications, ensure they deploy and run 24/7 on the Kubernetes platform with great performance;
- Be ready to invest the effort to become an even better developer;
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies all the time;
- Recognition from the business which translates to very competitive salaries and a supportive attitude;
- Developing games featuring live video serving customers around the world;
- A healthy mix of startup-like culture of the company, which enables you to try new approaches and technologies and remain on the edge of technological development and enterprise, with stability and supporting functions to help you focus on your job;
- Modern and developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum / Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, GitLab source control, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice);
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly traded company;
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, tech conference attendance, training, hackathons, and other benefits and perks.
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.