- 150 km radius around Bratislava (Slovakia), incl. Brno (CZ), Vienna (Austria), Nitra (SK)
Summary objective of the job:
Would you like to lead a team of data scientists and machine learning experts in a leading TravelTech company in Central Europe? Would you like to gather requirements to build a new MLOps platform that will bring the application of Data Science methods to the fingertips of hundreds of data experts in the company?
Our client provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
Travel itineraries allow users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers.
We are looking for a Team Lead – Data Science Services to join the team in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Build, lead and coach a team of skilled data scientists, analysts, machine and data engineers.
- Lead your team in solving tough business challenges and in delivering high quality data products.
- Provide technical and functional mentorship to advance your team’s expertise.
- Plan and execute the way from prototypes to minimum viable products to full fledged operational data products.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to implement high impact data use cases. Use agile methods and promote an environment of constant learning, integrity, and mutual responsibility.
- Determine business goals and derive analytics objectives. Translate objectives into a project plan for your team, covering data collection, data preparation, statistical analysis, modeling, and algorithm development.
- Support the team in building data products by using statistics, machine learning and data analysis.
- Develop your team, set goals for your team and individuals and translate them into development plans.
- Identify the needs for new hires, own the hiring process. Own the team’s budget, plan, pitch and control it.
- Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Machine Learning
What Do We Expect:
- For several years, you have demonstrated in depth technical expertise in data science, machine learning or data engineering.
- You have a track record of building data intensive products in fast paced environments.
- You have proven experience in leading technical teams towards success through active mentoring and coaching.
- Hard skills:
- Expert knowledge in at least one of machine learning/deep learning modeling framework and solid understanding of machine learning and other data science methods.
- Excellent proficiency in Python and SQL.
- You master big data technologies like Airflow, BigQuery and others with ease, Google Cloud Platform know how is highly welcome.
- You are highly analytical and numbers driven. You drive the adaptation of data intensive products through well designed experiments that demonstrate their value proposition.
- You adjust a plan quickly once it is outdated and come up with a new one.
- You are on top of your game and drive decisions.
- You are used to working in small increments.
- You apply a lean approach when giving your team directions, you are an advocate of quick value generation, business acumen, fast feedback cycles and hands-on leadership.
- The Data Intelligence Tribe currently holds 5 teams with about 30 Data specialists… so there are lots of professionals to learn from.
- This will at least double it within the next 12 months… so you’ll have a chance to onboard new joiners.
- Teams are led by both Tech leads and Product managers… so you get the best from both worlds.
- Our colleagues collaborate extensively across team boundaries and tribes… which strengthens your seniority and professional growth.
Why To Join This Team?
- Transforming and enhancing the business by making use of Data
- It feels like a startup within a scaleup company!
- Fast paced & ambitious growing company… which means a lot of data to process!
- Great team spirit and autonomy to deliver results the way you prefer.
- Airflow, BigQuery, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform
- Agile working processes: both Scrum, Kanban and even Scrumban in place.
- Work full remotely and will continue to do so with offering people very modern offices.
- Very flexible, but also value Face-to-face collaboration as it creates great team spirit, a feeling of belonging and keeps mental health in check.
- Permanent & full time employment
- Flexible working schedule
- Start date as soon as you can
- Quarterly bonuses
- Stock options
- 20+5 days vacation / year
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card
- Salary €4,750/monthly (up to €57,000/yearly) plus stock
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences
If interested, please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.