We are looking for an Oracle Service Contracts Analyst with expertise in Service and Service Contracts support, implementation and configuration.
- Our customer (NASDAQ, TASE: AUDC) is a leading provider of advanced communications, software, products, and productivity solutions for the digital workplace.
- They enable enterprises and service providers to build and operate all-IP voice networks for delivering unified communications, contact centers, and hosted business services, whether in the cloud or on-premises.
- Their innovative products, solutions, and services are used by large multinational enterprises and leading tier-one operators worldwide. Our underlying high-definition voice technology and products provide enhanced quality and an improved end-user communication experience.
- The company is running now EBS V11.5.10 and is implementing Oracle Cloud.
- This position will be responsible for the support of the client users (replacing the internal IT). Core activities will include understanding the details of the business processes and supporting them.
- In addition, the role will include the implementation of the new Oracle Cloud. As part of this, it includes gathering business requirements, defining requirements, a configuration of standard applications, gap analysis, functional design of the application extensions, and end-user support.
● Experience of 5 years or more in supporting Service and Service Contracts modules in Oracle Applications – Required
● Implementation/support of Oracle application, wrote any design of Oracle Application
● Familiarity with service business processes – Required, in hi-tech companies – preferable
● Experience of writing functional designs
● Experience in a global industrial company – an advantage
● Knowledge and experience in development in Oracle – writing queries and scripts in Oracle DB and SQL – advantage
● Familiarity with Oracle Fusion / Cloud – an advantage
● Good English level (writing and speaking) – Required
If interested, please share your CV at email@example.com.